Proven ExperienceISMSolutions has partnered with Hughes Associates, Inc., for the services of Bruce Campbell. Mr. Campbell has served as a Vice President at Hughes since 1996. In that capacity, he provides support for industrial, commercial and government clients on a number of legal cases that involve automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems and loss control.
Past projects at Hughes include evaluation of an aircraft flight simulator facility; fire protection evaluation of a wide body commercial aircraft hanger; a life safety study at the campus of a large metropolitan water utility; Fire Hazards Analysis Reports and Fire Safety Assessments for the Idaho National Laboratory, the Brookhaven National Laboratory, the Nevada Test Site and the Los Alamos National Laboratory; Assistance in DOE and Corporate Operational Readiness Reviews (ORRs), and baseline needs assessments of fire departments. Mr. Campbell has participated in several highly visible fire investigations, including a sodium incident and a pyrophoric uranium oxide excursion.
Mr. Campbell has extensive experience with DOE fire protection engineering requirements. As the Fire Protection Programs Manager on the contractor side at Rocky Flats for more than eleven years, Mr. Campbell was instrumental in the successful decontamination and decommissioning of that facility. In this position, he developed the first comprehensive set of criteria in the United States for the demolition of a multi-billion dollar nuclear facility. This project was completed 14 months early and under budget.
Mr. Campbell prepared the Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) for Nuclear Weapons Capable Maintenance and Storage Facilities for the US Air Force. He has served on a number of standards committees including:
- Chair and Principal Member, NFPA 80, Fire Doors and Windows
- Chair and Principal Member, NFPA 105, Standard for the Installation of Smoke Door Assemblies
- Principal Member, NFPA 241, Standard for Safeguarding Construction, Alteration, and Demolition Operations
- Principal Member, NFPA 3, Recommended Practice for Commissioning and Integrated Testing of Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
- Principal Member, NFPA 4, Technical Committee on Commissioning and Integrated Testing
- Chair, NFPA 80 Task Group for Fire Dampers
- Chair, NFPA 105 Task Group for Smoke Dampers
In 2010, Mr. Campbell received the Walter W. Maybee Award; “In Recognition for His Knowledge, Experience, Dedication, Professionalism, and His Lifetime Achievement in the Pursuit of Fire Safety”, from Department of Energy and has been named a Fellow of Society of Fire Protection Engineers.